Summer has been grilling us, but now is the time for winter and grilled skewers. Kebabs can be made in many different ways, but skewers are most loved. If you are looking for BBQ and Kebabs in Chicago, you might want to try Ali Nihari Restaurant or cook it on your own. However, for experimenting with it at home, you need to know some tips for the finest taste by the end. In this article, we will talk about the tips you can apply to get the tastiest of grilled Skewers.
Grilling skewers is an excellent technique to cook meat and veggies, but they can be difficult to master. So, if you love your BBQs and Kebabs, we have some solid tips for perfect ways to grill them. Here are some pointers to help you make great grilled skewers every time:
- Preheat the grill to a consistent temperature before adding the skewers. A temperature of 375°F to 400°F is ideal.
- Brush your kebab pieces with olive oil before grilling them.
- If you’re using wooden skewers rather than metal, soak them in water for at least 20 minutes before grilling. This reduces the possibility of their catching fire on the grill.
- Thread the meat cubes onto the skewers, alternately with the veggies if using.
- To prevent meat and vegetables from falling off during cooking, cut the skewers slightly larger than the spaces between the grill grates, about 12 to 1 inch thick. Ensure that each component is threaded through the center.
- Set up a skewering station and tell guests to bring a dish full of their favorite bite-sized veggies. Popular veggies such as mushrooms, colorful peppers, squash, tomatoes, and onions, as well as Romaine lettuce, asparagus, brussels sprouts, and more, can be used! Pineapple, citrus with peel on, and stone fruits grill well; grapes and melons are also tasty.
- Consider cooking the meat and the vegetables separately.
- Choose your protein wisely. Select the best beef cut for your kababs.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meat. Cooking times: meats, such as chicken and beef, need 12-15 minutes total. Fish and vegetables require about 10 minutes. Cooking to temperature will always yield the best results: 165°F for chicken and 145°F for beef and fish.
- Give space between the pieces of meat and vegetables on the skewer to ensure even cooking.
If you can try it at home, have the best party. However, if you want to dine out with your loved ones, Ali Nihari restaurant has some best of the BBQ and Kababs in Chicago. We prepare your meal with love and a touch of Desiness in it. So, dine here and you can have the most delicious and desi halal food in Chicago to come back again. You can also order it from our website. Visit it, check out the menu, and order the dishes you love in Pakistani cuisine.